Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Warm, Cozy Bedrooms



Today, I am grateful for warm, cozy bedrooms.

Okay, so this isn't a picture of my bedroom, but it is a picture of my dream bedroom, and since I was sick today, I had a lot of time laying around in my actual bedroom dreaming of my dream one. If I could pick a good day to be sick, today was definitely that day. Outside my windows, it was snowing and blowing the way it only snows and blows in Western New York, and since I couldn't leave the house on account of the bad roads I'm no longer used to driving on, it made sense to give in to the stomach bug I had picked up somewhere and just stay in bed. It was very nice and, admittedly, something I've been longing to do for a while; just laying in bed, under warm blankets and warmer cats with cozy pillows and a pile of books. Maybe it wasn't the best circumstance under which to discover the blessing of a warm bedroom, but it was what I needed today, and for that, I am grateful.

So, what made you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment