Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Beginnings



Today, I am grateful for new beginnings.

It is the end of a decade, and what a decade it was! It has been a decade of loss and a decade of discovery; a decade of learning, both academically and learning about what matters most to me in life. It has been a decade of love and growth and a decade of understanding as I came to know the heights of joy and the depths of sorrow. It has been quite a decade, and now that the end approaches within the hour, I find myself grateful for the opportunity to start 2010 with a clean slate and the promise of new beginnings. I cling to the hope- the faith- that the lessons I have learned in the past ten years have prepared me to move forward into a new life, and that God will guide my path as I move forward. I pray now that all those I love will find joy in the coming year and decade and that, at this juncture a year from now, we will all have found happiness in our intended journeys.

So, what made you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment