Saturday, December 26, 2009

Barnes and Noble Gift Cards



Today, I am grateful for Barnes and Noble gift cards.

Okay, so maybe it isn't a "simple pleasure" per say, but since it's the day after Christmas, I thought I would give a shout out to one of my gifts. For years and years, I worked at bookstores, and during that time, I sold hundreds -maybe even thousands- of gift cards and watched as customers redeemed even more. It always seemed that there was some sort of indescribable pleasure that came from using one of these little treasures, but, alas, I was never given one myself. Later, I was told that people didn't give these as gifts to me because they thought that, since I worked with books all the time, I would be sick of them and would want something else.

Me? Sick of books? Pshaw!!!

So, anyhow, yesterday, for the first time in my life, I was given a Barnes and Noble gift card. Thank you cousins Jody and Joanna!!! You've made my dreams come true!!

Merry (belated) Christmas to all!

So, what made you happy today? (or yesterday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment