Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Laughter



Today, I am grateful for laughter.

When you hold your breath for a really long time, there is nothing more satisfying than that first, lung filling breath that comes when you can't take it any more. The same holds true for seriously laughing after not having done so for quite some time. Of course, I've laughed watching television or reading books in recent weeks, but it wasn't until I had lunch with my mom today at the mall that I realized how desultory my attempts at laughter have been of late. Once I found my laughter sweet-spot, though, nothing was stopping me. Later, when I got home, I almost immediately got a phone call from one of my best friends. We talked for almost two hours, and in that time, there were very few moments when we weren't laughing, prompting him to observe:
"We are very easily amused, aren't we?". I don't even remember what we were talking about. Ponies, politics and tacos, maybe? Anywho, it felt really good to laugh that hard, for that long. Give it a try...it really IS the best medicine!!

So, what made you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment